Simplifying Health and Safety Compliance
Maintaining workplace safety requires:
- Effective Systems and Processes;
- Trained Staff;
- Safety Behaviours;
- Leadership Commitment.
Effective Systems and Processes
Systems and processes need to be targeted towards practical and effective safety management. These systems and processes include the policies, procedures, organisational structure (including roles and responsibilities), and working conditions.
The skills and knowledge of the people working within the organisation must be such that they are aware of the possible risks associated with their activities and how to remedy them.
The behaviours of the people within your business need to be directed towards safety goals and have a focus on safety in every activity. This includes following procedures, questioning when things don't seem right, stopping when they are unsure and effective communications.
The people within your business also need to perceive that the business has a strong commitment to safety and there is a high level of management respect for a good safety attitude, which is evidenced in staff selection and promotion. The management style needs to be democratic, cooperative, participative and humane.
- What is the minimum I have to do as an employer?
- How do I build a safety culture?
- How do I demonstrate compliance to gain contracts?
- How do I go about getting ACC Workplace Safety Management Practices (WSMP) accreditation?
- What do I need to do to pass our upcoming ACC WSMP audit?
- How do I go about getting ACC Partnership Programme accreditation?
- What do I need to do to pass our upcoming ACC Partnership Programme audit?
- What health and safety manuals do I need?
- What health and safety records do I need to keep?
- What are my hazards?
- How do I identify and manage hazards?
- How do I run a health and safety committee?
- What emergency and evacuation plans do I need?
- What health and safety training do my staff need?
- How do I measure safety?
- How do I improve our safety performance?
- What do I do in the event of an accident?
- What should I do if someone gets hurt or injured?
- How do I conduct a health and safety investigation?
- How do I prepare for an OSH investigation?
- How do I manage stress?
- How do I prevent bullying at work?
- How do I prevent drug and alcohol use at work?
Get in Touch with Jump
Phone us on +64 6 754 8987 or +64 27 450 5271 or email email@example.com and Jump will come to you, assess your needs and develop a solution tailored to those needs.
The contents of this website are for general informational purposes only, and should not be acted upon without specific advice. Jump Business Solutions does not accept any liability, other than to its clients, and then only in relation to specific requests for advice and consultancy. Site Design & Photography by Wheadon Creative