How do I keep Projects on Target and Within Budget?
Assess the Effectiveness of my Project
What makes a Successful Project?
A successful project is a project that:
- Delivers as promised - Produced all the stated deliverables.
- Is completed on-time - Completed within the approved schedule.
- Is completed within budget - Completed under the approved budget.
- Delivers quality - Deliverables met all functional, performance, and quality specifications.
- Achieves its original purpose - Achieved its original goals, objectives, and purpose.
- Meets all stakeholder expectations - Expectations of each key stakeholder were met and they accept the project results without reservation.
- Maintains "win-win" relationships - Participants are enthusiastic when the project is complete and eager to repeat a similar experience.
How do I ensure a Project is Successful
Make sure your project:
- Is aligned with organizational goals.
- Has effective management support.
- Has effective leadership.
- Has agreement on the purpose, goals, and objectives of the project from all key stakeholders
- Has a common vision of the project results shared by all key stakeholders
- Has realistic expectations for the project results that are shared by all key stakeholders share
- Results meet the expectations of the key stakeholders.
- Constantly manages and validates stakeholder expectations throughout the project.
- Invests time and resources into proper planning
- Has a clearly defined project scope, approach, and deliverables that are agreed upon during planning.
- Clearly communicates each stakeholder and team memberís role(s) and responsibilities and they are understood by the parties.
- Places a high priority on accurate and complete work effort estimates.
- Develops and agrees upon a realistic schedule.
- Team has a strong results-focus and customer-orientation.
- Communications are consistent, effective, and focused on "understanding."
- Progress is measured consistently from the current baseline.
- Issues and subsequent action items are aggressively pursued.
- Team has a strong sense of collaboration and teamwork.
- Expectations and changes surrounding scope, quality, schedule, and cost are closely managed.
- Has appropriately skilled people who are available when needed.
- Team proactively identifies risk and determines mitigation strategies to reduce project exposure.
- Team anticipates and overcomes obstacles to ensure project meets objectives.
Get in Touch with Jump
If you need help, or you answered no or unsure to any of the questions in the assessment tool, then Jump Business Solutions can help you. Phone us on +64 6 754 8987 or +64 27 450 5271 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and Jump will come to you, discover your needs, and develop a solution that will create real, long-term and positive change for you and your business.
The contents of this website are for general informational purposes only, and should not be acted upon without specific advice. Jump Business Solutions does not accept any liability, other than to its clients, and then only in relation to specific requests for advice and consultancy. Site Design & Photography by Wheadon Creative