Developing Practical Manuals, Policies and Procedures
Policies and procedures are a significant part of a business operation. Policies and procedures if created and reviewed correctly can provide operational direction to the people within the business and ensure that the business controls the way all tasks are carried out.
Well-written procedures are the key to conforming with business and industry standards and to ensuring the continual improvement of your business performance.
What is the difference between a Policy and a Procedure?
Policies outline the "rules" governing the implementation of business processes.
Procedures, on the other hand, represent the implementation of policy and evolve over time as new tools emerge, new processes are designed, and the risks associated with an area changes in response to internal or external environmental changes.
What makes a Great Policy or Procedure?
- Context - Actions must properly describe the activity to be performed.
- Consistency - All references and terms are used the same way every time, and the procedure must ensure consistent results.
- Completeness - There is no information, logic, or design gaps.
- Control - The document and its described actions demonstrate feedback and control.
- Compliance - All actions are sufficient for their intended compliance.
- Correctness - The document must be grammatically correct without spelling errors.
- Clarity - Documents must be easy to read and understandable.
Get in Touch with Jump
The Jump team has been developing successful business solutions for over 15 years. We specialise in practical and workable solutions that ensure your business objectives are achieved, relationships are improved and individuals are empowered. Phone us on +64 6 754 8987 or +64 27 450 5271 or email email@example.com and Jump will come to you, assess your needs and develop a solution tailored to meet your objectives.
The contents of this website are for general informational purposes only, and should not be acted upon without specific advice. Jump Business Solutions does not accept any liability, other than to its clients, and then only in relation to specific requests for advice and consultancy. Site Design & Photography by Wheadon Creative