How can we improve the way we do things? Our processes?
Assess your Business Systems and Processes
Why Improve my Processes?
Your processes are the beating heart of your business - everything you do, every decision you make, flows from and through your processes. Inefficient or ineffective processes not only cost you more but can also directly impact on customer services and satisfaction, income generation and staff morale. Having effective processes can provide you with a winning edge.
How can I Improve my Processes?
Map your Processes
This will provide you with a picture of the process interactions, outcomes, and activities involved. The process map helps you focus on what’s important and what’s not.
Effective process mapping involves:
- Identifying the key goals in your process - Start and organise your process map around the goals at each stage.
- Focussing your process around your customer - not the seller
- Determining how to create value for the customer throughout the process.
- Mapping tools, skills, and performance metrics along with the process.
- The performance support tools and skills help you to identify tools and skills to create value for the business.
- The metrics help to identify bottlenecks or weak links, allowing resources to be allocated most effectively
- Engage your people in process mapping to define problems and solutions - Do not use someone else's prepackaged solution
Analyse your Process
- Analyse each step in your process for:
- Sources of delay
- Errors being fixed instead of prevented (rework)
- Role ambiguity (we didn't know who...)
- Unnecessary steps
- Cycle time
- Assess the decision points for:
- Authority ambiguity (two or more people get to decide...)
- Whether a decision is actutally needed
- Look at each rework loop to eliminate the step(s) or doing in less time, or trying to prevent it
- Look at all the steps from the customer's point of view - Value-added vs. non-value-added steps
Map your New Process
Write up your new process and develop any process support tools and training required.
Implement your New Process
Communicate, training and put your new process in place.
Review your New Process
After a set time monitor and review the effectiveness of the new process.
Get in Touch with Jump
If you need help, or you answered no or unsure to any of the questions in the assessment tool, then Jump Business Solutions can help you. Phone us on +64 6 754 8987 or +64 27 450 5271 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and Jump will come to you, discover your needs, and develop a solution that will create real, long-term and positive change for you and your business.
The contents of this website are for general informational purposes only, and should not be acted upon without specific advice. Jump Business Solutions does not accept any liability, other than to its clients, and then only in relation to specific requests for advice and consultancy. Site Design & Photography by Wheadon Creative