Managing Change and Aligning Expectations
You need a balanced, holistic approach to managing change, which concentrates on maximising stability within a changing environment and doesn't fixate on change.
People are your organisationīs principal enablers or disablers of change. Not processes. Not technology.
A six year study of Fortune 500 companies indicates they are currently spending twice their profits on change initiatives; yet they are only satisfied with half the results. One of the key learnings from this study was the importance of concentrating on maximising stability within a changing environment, in other words creating "Dynamic Stability".
You can avoid being swamped by the disruption of unending change by achieving "dynamic stability" through the use of:
- Management stabilisers, such as:
- Enabling stabilisers, such as:
Any change management strategy must attend to the following four areas:
- Systems - Setting clearly defined standards for the organisation that reflect superior performance.
- People - Ensuring long term adaptability through effective team working, participative decision making and problem solving.
- Growth - Following a path of continuous modifications as the future unfolds.
- Political - Recognising the shifting political and managerial context that determines the balance of investment/time in the above areas.
- How do I ensure my organisational change is effective?
- How do I ensure my change management efforts are successful?
- I want to change the culture in my organisation - How do I go about doing this?
- I want to change the structure of my organisation - How do I go about doing this?
- I want to change the structure of my team - How do I go about doing this?
- I want to change the direction of my organisation - How do I go about doing this?
- I want to manage changing customer requirements - How do I go about doing this?
Get in Touch with Jump
The Jump team has been developing successful business solutions for over 15 years. We specialise in practical and workable solutions that ensure your business objectives are achieved, relationships are improved and individuals are empowered. Phone us on +64 6 754 8987 or +64 27 450 5271 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and Jump will come to you, assess your needs and develop a solution tailored to meet your objectives.
The contents of this website are for general informational purposes only, and should not be acted upon without specific advice. Jump Business Solutions does not accept any liability, other than to its clients, and then only in relation to specific requests for advice and consultancy. Site Design & Photography by Wheadon Creative