Reducing Conflict and Building Cooperation
Why is Managing Conflict Important?
Besides wasted time, unresolved conflict costs businesses in a number of ways including:
- Bad Decisions; people in conflict rarely value the other person's contribution.
- Lost Employees; very often, excellent people just grow weary of the negative environment.
- Unnecessary Restructuring Costs; sometimes people see the only way out is to change the structure of the teams.
- Sabotage, Theft, Damage; people who are disenfranchised are more likely to take it out on their employer.
- Lowered Employee Motivation; poor interpersonal relationships leads to dissatisfaction and lowered morale.
- Lost Work Time.
- Health and Safety Costs; people experiencing interpersonal conflict are often stressed and exhausted and this is not conducive to a safe working environment.
- Lost Productivity: people preoccupied with conflicts and unmanaged differences of opinion, rarely provide quality customer service or contribute to their full potential.
- Lost Job Opportunities; people who don't seem to get along or who openly challenge each other, will often be viewed as less competent and trustworthy.
- How do I get people to work together cooperatively?
- How do I develop a win-win approach?
- My team is in conflict - what do I do?
- My team is made up of very diverse people - how can I get them to work together well?
- How do I ensure that my organisation provides equal employment opportunties to all?
- How can I get people to work together effectively?
- How do I get rid of the system of hierarchy in my workplace?
- How do I manage a dispute with an employee?
- How do I avoid or manage personal grievances?
- How do I stop my staff member from being a bully?
- How do I stop bullying in the workplace?
- How do I manage a harassment/bullying/discrimination complaint?
- How do I investigate complaints?
Get in Touch with Jump
The Jump team has been developing successful business solutions for over 15 years. We specialise in practical and workable solutions that ensure your business objectives are achieved, relationships are improved and individuals are empowered. Phone us on +64 6 754 8987 or +64 27 450 5271 or email email@example.com and Jump will come to you, assess your needs and develop a solution tailored to meet your objectives.
The contents of this website are for general informational purposes only, and should not be acted upon without specific advice. Jump Business Solutions does not accept any liability, other than to its clients, and then only in relation to specific requests for advice and consultancy. Site Design & Photography by Wheadon Creative