How do I improve my Delegation Skills?
Assess Barriers to Delegation
What is Delegation?
Delegating involves working with an employee to establish goals, granting them sufficient authority and responsibility to achieve the goals, often giving them substantial freedom in deciding how the goals will be achieved, remaining available as a resource to help them achieve the goals, assessing their performance (the quality of their effort and attainment of the goals), addressing performance issues and/or rewarding their performance.
When you delegate you still retain responsibility for the attainment of the goals, but choose to achieve the goals by delegating to someone else.
What are the Benefits of Delegation?
Effective delegation can benefit you the manager, the employee, and the business.
- Frees up your time to do your own job when you assign tasks to others
- Increases your personal power with people
- Increases your personal value to the business
- Develops your leadership skills
- Develops your people enabling them to make more of a contribution to business goals
- Motivates people
- Grooms a successor
- Higher quality of work -Delegation can improve quality of work by allowing the employees who have direct knowledge of products and services to make decisions and complete tasks.
- Quality can also improve through enhanced employee motivation - because employees feel personally accountability for the outcome, even though responsibility ultimately rests with the individual who made the delegation.
Get in Touch with Jump
If you need help, or you answered no or unsure to any of the questions in the assessment tool, then Jump Business Solutions can help you. Phone us on +64 6 754 8987 or +64 27 450 5271 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and Jump will come to you, discover your needs, and develop a solution that will create real, long-term and positive change for you and your business.
The contents of this website are for general informational purposes only, and should not be acted upon without specific advice. Jump Business Solutions does not accept any liability, other than to its clients, and then only in relation to specific requests for advice and consultancy. Site Design & Photography by Wheadon Creative